Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's happening in the studio

I'm taking a brief break from continued work on Fiore - Version 2 while I work on casting Fiore - Version 1. So far so good, if you don't count the stressful moment yesterday when I dumped actively reacting resin over my hand. It goes from liquid to solid in about 2 minutes and it gets HOT. Note to self: Always wear gloves!

Victrix has moved to eBay. Here is her direct link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230450395692

Finally, for those of you who don't know, I have a number of rabbits that live in my studio and can frequently be found hopping around my feet as I work. They are being particularly cute this week, so I just have to share a picture.



Much of today, tomorrow, and Friday will be spent out of the studio planting a veggie garden for them. Look for more Fiore II progress over the weekend if not before.

4 comments:

  1. I love the thought of the Angoras playing around while you are in the art zone! I wish we could have done that years ago, how refreshing that must be! Hope your hand is doing well. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a thin film of white resin over that hand a few hours later but it's gone now and I didn't die or even need an amputation, so I guess all's well that ends well. We'll call that one a learning experience.

    The bunnies own this place and they own me. Godiva, the chocolate in the center of that pile, is nicknamed "Her Highness". She and my cat Argent (called "Her Majesty", see the difference?) rule everyone in the house, two-legged or four.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bunnies! How adorable! Sorry about your hand and hope you are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am, thank you. I had no apparent ill effects to anything but my pride. It was a valuable lesson though.

    Poor Gigabit (upper right corner in the photo) now has a cast on her leg. I don't know how, but she managed to break it in her cage. I suspect she was romping around and caught it on that lip you can barely see between her and her sister in the picture. Our vet says the prognosis is good though. I'm pretty sure I have the very best rabbit vet in the world!

    ReplyDelete