Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vocabulary lessons



I'm learning all kinds of Spanish words on this project. For instance, that scarf like creature you see tied to the saddle is called a Manta Estribera. I had a great time making it flow all over the place. Right now, I think it looks great. I'm sure I'll hate myself when it comes time to cast this thing. You may notice that the fringe and the ring on the girth are both white. That's Translucent Liquid Sculpey, basically a liquid polymer clay. It bakes clear, and I'm concerned that it may become impossible for camera to register like that so I photographed it wet.

The saddle has been pared down to a more reasonable size (I think I forgot that I was sculpting in bas-relief for a little while there!) and I'm about to add the Pechopetral, which you can call a breastplate if you're not into learning Spanish vocabulary.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I have since finished the piece and will be releasing him this week. Watch here for more info to appear soon!

    ReplyDelete