Friday, January 1, 2010

Start as you mean to go on

Happy New Year everyone!

I've recently become enamored of the saying "Start as you mean to go on". It seems particularly appropriate on New Year's Day of course. So in the hopes that this will be an especially creative and productive year, I'm starting 2010 with a new bas-relief sculpture. I love sharing the process when I make art, so I'm going to take my loyal blog readers along for this ride. I'll be posting my progress here every few hours for any of you who'd like to follow the birth of this piece. When all the shouting is done, this will be a very large (almost a foot high!) medallion of a rearing Andalusian stallion in Repujada tack. Here is where we start: a flat slab of clay with a rough sketch cut into it:

2 comments:

  1. OK! I'm ready and waiting for the next pix! Great idea and fun to join in. Thanks!
    Myla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Myla! I'll try to keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete