Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ready for tack

I've now reworked some problem areas on the new medallion and added in some detail. Of course, he also has his mane now. That took several tries as I was getting carried away at the beginning and he had hair all over the place. Dramatic, but also a little silly. With some advice from another artist friend, I managed to get the 'do under control. I'll be adding some veining still, but he's pretty much ready to start tacking up. I'm toying with the idea of casting him without tack first and offering two different versions, one with repujada tack and one with none. Any opinions on that idea?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cara!
    As I was reading along that you were about to sculpt on the tack, I said "I love him without tack, wonder if she'd cast him without and then add the tack and do an additional run of those?" And then kept reading and saw you were thinking the same, so YES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of both with and without tack!
    Great so far...I am really enjoying this! :O)

    Lydia :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take him "free" or tacked... maybe both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love one of each! He's glorious!

    ReplyDelete