Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy accidents - The start of Fiore Version 2

My medium of choice for sculpting is polymer clay. I find its workability to be second to none. It does, however, leave something to be desired in the durability department. Which is why Fiore came out of the mold making process looking like this:



In art, as in life, we have what artists call "happy accidents". This could have been a catastrophe. It could have been, but it isn't... because along with the repujada tack that I'm about to sculpt onto this guy as promised, these horses often wear their manes braided. They even wear little tassels in said braids. The more I think about it, the more I love it! Check out this pony for a little inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Qhuip8kyBTU&playnext_from=TL&videos=_sDb0EIYtOc&playnext=1

Coming up next, you guessed it: braids.

No comments:

Post a Comment