Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Cold Snap" a new medallion

This may not come as a surprise, but August in Texas is miserably hot. This time of year makes me long for winter, and not the 70-degree-highs-in-February type of winter that Texas gets. Oh no, in my heat induced delusional state, I find myself wishing for the below-zero-for-weeks-at-a-time-in-February kind of winters that I grew up with in Michigan. Over the course of this hot summer I have knitted a lovely, thick, bright yellow scarf that I'll probably never get to wear and I sculpted "Cold Snap" a medallion that celebrates the first blush of winter.



I made "Cold Snap" just a tiny bit smaller than my other medallions in the interest of keeping him affordable. He measures 4"x4". He'll be cast in-house and limited to a two mold run in unpainted resin. I hope to cast him in ceramic as well in the future (more on that soon) and designed him with this in mind. At this time, pre-orders are being taken only on the resin version. He is priced at $25 including shipping within the USA. Shipping outside of the United States will cost just $5 extra. He's available to purchase on my website:

http://eponastudio.com/coldsnap.html


(The scarf though, is not for sale. Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment